Meet The Doctors
Catherine C. Hon, DMD
Dr. Catherine C. Hon is proficient in all general dental services and practices, but specializes in cosmetic dentistry and Invisalign. Dr. Hon attended Fairleigh Dickinson University and graduated Magna Cum Laude from an accelerated seven year dental program and Gamma Phi Delta Honors in dental school. She is North East Regional Board Certified as a general dentist and has dual licensing in both New York and New Jersey.
Outside the office, Dr. Hon enjoys every summer vacationing in Fire Island, NY with her husband and two boys. When she is not busy running around with her children, she loves playing tennis and riding her Peloton!
- Fairleigh Dickinson University (2002-2005)
- University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ)
- DMD with Gamma Phi Delta Prosthodontic Honors (2005-2009)
- General Practice Residency - East Orange VA Medical Center, New Jersey (2009-2010)
Justin T. Kang, DMD, MS, MPH
Skilled and compassionate, Dr. Justin T. Kang builds lasting relationships with his patients while providing exceptional dental care. Dr. Kang aims to understand his patient’s individual needs and circumstances, and collaborates closely with general dentists and other dental specialists to deliver optimal care. Dr. Kang employs cutting-edge technology such as the Waterlase Express® laser for minimally invasive treatment of periodontal disease and peri-implantitis, and Pinhole Surgical Technique™ for treatment of gum recession.
Dr. Kang furthers his education through research on dental implants, periodontal regeneration, and biomaterials. He serves as Clinical Advisor for Geistlich® Biomaterials, one of the largest global manufacturers of regenerative materials including bone grafts and collagen membranes. Dr. Kang also serves as a member of the e-Poster committee at the annual Academy of Osseointegration meeting to judge and award the most current and innovative clinical studies. His passion for esthetic dentistry and dental occlusion has provided him with opportunities to share his lectures with post-graduate students at Penn Dental Medicine and Montefiore Prosthodontics as well as at dental society meetings.
Outside of the office, Dr. Kang enjoys exploring different cities and their cuisine with his wife, Sophia and spending time with his parents and sister who are a family of musicians! In college, Dr. Kang was a principal clarinetist. Dr. Kang enjoys fantasy football and classical music.
- MS in Periodontics - Columbia University College of Dental Medicine (2014-2017)
- DMD - University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine (2010-2014)
- MPH - Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health (2008-2010)
- BA in Chemistry & French - Amherst College (2004-2008)
- Undergraduate Research Fellowship - Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- Principal Clarinetist - Amherst College Symphony Orchestra
- Academy of Osseointegration Annual Meeting (2018-present)
- Reviewer, E-Poster Committee
- Academy of Osseointegration 2017 Annual Meeting (2017; Orlando, FL)
- Recipient, First Place E-Poster Presentation
- Title: Assessment of Type I Collagen Therapy in Periodontal Regeneration: Acceleration of Tissue Engineering and Dental Implant Osseointegration. Experimental Study in Dogs
- American Academy of Periodontology Award
- Abram Cohen Award in Periodontics
- Achievement Award in Pharmacology & Therapeutics
- Quintessence Award for Research & Achievement
- Guided Bone Regeneration
- Minimally invasive surgery using Waterlase Express® & Pinhole Surgical Technique™
- Implant Surgery
- Digital Smile Design & Esthetics
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Board of Periodontology - Diplomate
- American Dental Association (2012-Present)
- Academy of Osseointegration
- Clinical Advisor - Geistlich Biomaterials
- Global Dental Implant Academy
- New Jersey Dental Association (2012-Present)
- Spear Study Club (2019-Present)