At TruYou Dental, we are committed to providing our patients with a comprehensive menu of dental and facial aesthetic services and treatment options, enabling them to achieve their cosmetic and oral health goals. Armed with the tools, technologies, and expertise to make it happen, we have no doubt that each and every patient will thrive under our care!
Using our facial rejuvenation service, patients can achieve a wide range of results in terms of improving their facial appearance and/or enhancing their dental function. This treatment will be carried out directly in response to the goals and interests outlined by the patient – ensuring that any problem areas are precisely targeted and the treatment results will surpass the patient’s expectations.
For more information about facial rejuvenation and what it entails, please read below or contact our office if you have any questions. Our Wayne, NJ team members would be delighted to assist you!
What is Facial Rejuvenation?
As the name implies, a facial rejuvenation procedure is commonly performed to improve the appearance of the skin and eliminate fine lines and wrinkles around the mouth, eyes, and forehead. The procedure is performed by a skilled professional who carefully injects small quantities of protein into the facial muscles. The substance actually acts as a neurotoxin, providing temporary paralysis to the target muscles that contribute to wrinkle formation and appearance.
As the injection blocks these heightened nerve signals, the face is able to relax and take on a softer appearance.
What are the Benefits of Facial Rejuvenation?
As mentioned above, facial rejuvenation commonly serves the purpose of fine line and wrinkle reduction by relaxing the facial muscles. This procedure is often used by physicians in cosmetic offices to aid patients in enhancing their appearance without the necessity of surgical exposure or associated risks of more invasive procedures.
While facial rejuvenation is most known for these cosmetic practices, it serves a variety of other functions as well – many of which are actually beneficial to the health and function of the dental anatomy. Below, you will find a selection of the various benefits and purposes of the facial rejuvenation procedure provided in our office.
- Facial rejuvenation can enhance appearance. Saying goodbye to wrinkles and fine lines can be a revolutionary change for many patients. While these changes may seem to be very subtle, they can contribute to a more youthful, refreshed appearance. As a result, patients gain a whole new sense of confidence, and that alone is life-changing!
- Facial rejuvenation can relax high lip lines. Depending on the facial anatomy, some patients notice that when they smile, they expose an excessive amount of gum tissue above their top dental arch. While this is not a health concern, it can sometimes be seen as a cosmetic affliction that patients wish to correct. By injecting the rejuvenation protein into the upper lip muscles, the lip becomes more relaxed and rests lower on the gum line – hiding much of the prominent gum tissue.
- Facial rejuvenation can stop bruxism and calm joint disorders. Temporomandibular joint disorders are disorders of the nerves, joints, and jaw muscles that occur due to inflammation of the jaw joint. This can lead to difficulty chewing, clenching jaws, locked jaw, and bruxism. Over time, bruxism can cause severe degradation of the teeth as the grinding process causes teeth to become worn down, frail, and damaged. By supplying the neurotoxin into the jaw muscles, the tension is immediately relieved, with symptoms of TMD decreasing gradually.
Injectables & Aesthetics
In addition to our facial rejuvenation services, we also offer injectables intended to improve the appearance of the face by adding fullness to areas impacted by aging; some of the most commonly affected regions include the tissues on the cheeks, around the mouth, and the lips. While facial rejuvenation targets wrinkles by paralyzing the muscles responsible for their formation, our injectables use a hyaluronic acid gel to add volume to the skin or lips – contributing to a more smooth, youthful appearance.
Among the cosmetic applications of injectables are the following:
- Add fullness to thin lips
- Reduce the appearance of scars
- Fill in fine lines
- Enhance the natural facial structure
Discovering the True You Through Our Expert Services
At TruYou Dental, we strive to help every patient achieve a sense of confidence and self-satisfaction by offering expert dental services that meet their needs. Our practice offers a wide variety of services and treatments, so you can be confident that we can deliver the results you are looking for.
Whether you are looking for a cosmetic enhancement or dental health improvement, we have the professional team you need to achieve optimal results. Additionally, we work to understand your goals and interests specifically – so that our solutions are tailored specifically for you. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and see what we can do for you!